Thursday, November 17, 2005

The Great Lakes Christian College Lectureship

The last two sermons in my series on "The God We Worship" were delayed in being posted because Diane and I attended the GLCC lectureship in Beamsville, Ontario. This was my first time to visit that school and many years ago for Diane who visited the school when she was in high school. Diane's parents, Dean and Ruth Clutter, went with us as saw many people they had known from their work in Ottawa. I was able to meet many wonderful Canadian Christians who warmly welcomed us.

Diane and I both taught classes on "Raising Children in a Pagan Culture." I also delivered one of the keynotes Tuesday evening. The lectureship was of high quality and we were very blessed by attending and being a part of the program.

Diane and I stayed with Art and Ruby Ford. Art is the current president of GLCC and it was a real blessing to get to know Art and Ruby. They are former missionaries from Papua New Guinea. There were many parallels between their mission experience and ours in Kenya. Their son, Craig, and his wife, Jerri, and child are also getting ready to leave on a mission as is our daughter, son-in-law, and grandchild. Like us, they are proud of their children as they dedicate themselves to God's mission. God is good and blesses the faithfulness of His people.

No comments: